DYWIDAG Tie Rods
Tie Rods produced from DYWIDAG THREADBAR® may be used for a variety of marine applications. Construction of marine bulkheads for various docking facilities have, for many years, benefited from the use of DYWIDAG Tie Rods. Facilities such as barge and ship docks as well as offshore platforms have found the system to be a cost effective alternative to large diameter A36 Tie Rods with upset threads.
Tie Rods produced from DYWIDAG THREADBAR® offer various economical and technical advantages:
- Easy handling due to the coarse thread over the entire length
- Up to almost 50% less weight than A36 bars.
- No threadability or assembly problems resulting from damaged or dirty threads because of the rugged hot rolled coarse DYWIDAG threadform.
- DYWIDAG Tie Rods can be ordered slightly longer than necessary to accommodate misalignments on sheet piling. They can easily be cut to the desired length, eliminating the need to cut and re-weld upset rods to accommodate length changes.
- Tie Back Retaining Wall with Deadman
- Foundation Tie Rods
- Bracing for Grade Separation
- Large Horizontal Load Resistance Roof Structures
- Tie Rods for Sheet Pile Constructed Wharf
- Roadway Embankment Stabilization