DYNA Grip® Stay Cable System
The system has proven its excellent performance and fulfills the requirements of fib Bulletin 30 as well as PTI for fatigue and tensile strength.
High Fatigue Performance
- Multiple full size tests on cable sizes from 7 to 156 strands
- The system has been successfully tested in standard tests with a stress range of up to 200MPa at an upper stress limit of 45% GUTS and at 2 million load cycles with anchorages inclined by 0.6°. In addition, full size tests have been performed successfully with an upper load of up to 60% GUTS, up to 10 million load cycles and a stress range of up to 250MPa
- Tests on single strands under reversed cyclic flexural loading with 45% and 60% GUTS, 2 million load cycles with anchorages inclined by 3.0° and additional angular deviation between ± 10mrad and ± 35mrad
The leak tightness of the anchorage area has been demonstrated for the complete system and even meets stringent fib and Setra requirements with:
- Up to 3m water head
- Several load cycles in the longitudinal and transverse direction
- Temperature cycling 20–70°C
DSI has the world’s first Multistrand Approval for Stay Cable Bridges!
Since April 2016, DSI has had a general technical approval for DYNA Grip® Multistrand Stay Cables. It is the first approval around the world to regulate Multistrand Stay Cable Systems.
The approval includes Multistrand Stay Cables with 12 to 61 strands and also comprises alternative applications with and without guide elements, PE ducts and damper connections. This way, DSI underlines its know-how as a global system supplier. Larger Multistrand Systems can be evaluated project-specifically.